Attorney, The Beckage Firm
Sarah has numerous years of experience providing privacy risk management, implementing privacy programs and privacy maturity assessment frameworks to a wide variety of clients. Her commitment to exceptional and value-added delivery on transactions assigned to her, with an assurance of success, clearly distinguishes her and places her above the average privacy professional.
Sarah obtained her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from Nigeria and was called to the Nigerian Bar. She obtained her Master of Law (LLM) degree from the University of Lagos, Akoka. Sarah is renowned for her attention to detail, innovative ideas, and her positive attitude towards the provision of solutions to clients’ problems. She is currently undertaking the licensing exam to be called into the Ontario Bar Association.
Professional and industry experience – Highlights
- Conducting Privacy by Design training and Data Privacy Impact Assessments for companies
- Training employees on how to document the steps taken to protect an organization’s PI and how to practice good privacy and cybersecurity hygiene to reduce risk of breaches.
- Familiarity with OneTrust offerings, notably Data Guidance.
- Led the development, implementation, and maintenance of security, privacy governance and compliance documentation, including for DSARs, intracompany agreements, and record retention and disposal.
- Conducted and documented Privacy Impact Assessments and Transfer Risk Assessments.
- Conducted privacy analysis to check compliance with privacy principles and to identify privacy risks in data processing.
- Developed policies, procedures, best practices and recommendations for data security and privacy compliance.
- Led contract negotiations concerning technology related products and services, and other offerings by international organizations.
Cross-Border Data Transfers; Data Governance; Data Sharing Agreements; Digital Privacy Transformation; GDPR/CPRA/PIPEDA/PHIPA/CASL/HIPPA/Privacy Act Compliance; Privacy Impact Assessments; Privacy Policies; Privacy Program Design & Implementation; Consent and Preference Management; Data Mapping, Data Subject Access Requests, Project Management; Research; Risk Assessments; Risk Mitigation; and Stakeholder Relations.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Scrum Alliance
- Nigerian Bar Association
- LL.M, University of Lagos – Nigeria
- LL.B, Adekunle Ajasin University – Nigeria