Litigation & Regulatory Investigations
Experienced Litigators Who Know Technology
There is nothing more frustrating for clients than working with lawyers who do not have a robust understanding of the technology they are using, or the intense and fluid data security and privacy legal landscape.
The Beckage Firm are attorneys with tech backgrounds and on-staff technologists with various disciplines. We do not learn on our “clients’ dime” and can move quickly and efficiently in litigation.
Our attorneys have 15+ years of full-time litigation experience – experience makes the difference for clients.
The Beckage Firm does not provide siloed services for its clients. Instead, our Litigation and Regulatory Investigation Teams provide complete counsel and coordinated representation with our other teams, including Incident Response, Data Security & Privacy Compliance, Personal Privacy, and Data Security Practice. In representing our clients, our teams work to issue-spot matters that may require leveraging our wide variety of technology, data security, privacy, and litigation related competence.
Putative Class Action
The Beckage Firm team members have appeared in some of the world’s largest data security and privacy putative class actions. This includes arguing dispositive motions in the nation’s first data breach MDL putative class actions concerning PHI.
Seasoned Bench and Jury Trial
The Beckage Firm has experience with jury trials – from commencement of litigation through settlement/award.
Our experience includes cases with multi-million dollars at issue, “bet the company litigation,” and data security and privacy breaches involving potentially impacted persons across the world.
The Beckage Firm attorneys have represented countless companies in arbitrations and mediations from contract disputes, health data and reimbursement, data hostage, and cost recovery actions.
Regulatory Enforcement/Government Investigations
Our attorneys have experience with reporting to various federal and state regulators, including the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) within the Office of Civil Rights (“OCR”), state Attorney General's Offices, and other law enforcement.
The Beckage Firm has worked on numerous investigations by varied governmental agencies and regulatory bodies on matters related to data breaches. There are regulators that oversee specific industries and those that preside over specific jurisdictions. The Beckage Firm’s extensive prior experience has fully familiarized us with the exact requirements of each.
Some incidents require immediate law enforcement involvement to appropriately mitigate risks of monetary loss or to address ransomware threat actors. The Beckage Firm’s Incident Response Team shares a network of relationships with federal and state law enforcement agents who can provide indispensable help in responding to a cyberattack.
The Beckage Firm has worked with international organizations to small businesses on e-discovery planning and management to reduce costs.
Our team has the capability to handle data mining and processing through e-discovery.
Our attorneys are admitted in numerous states and courts, including Canada.
The Beckage Firm team members have represented clients before the United States Supreme Court, Federal District Courts, State Supreme Courts, and Courts of Appeals.
Best Lawyers in the US for Civil Litigation
SuperLawyers for Civil Litigation
New York Pro Bono Award
Our putative class action and litigation work has been featured in Law360 and Law.com, and our attorneys are recognized annually by Super Lawyers.
For additional information, click the tabs below.
Claims / Matters
- Contract disputes & breaches
- Counsel regarding antitrust litigation, including civil and criminal price-fixing matters
- Data Security & Privacy
- Breaches, ownership, hostage claims, privacy policies, terms of service, and third-party vendor disputes
- False advertising
- Health Law
- Medicare & Medicaid
- Private payor audit investigations
- Workers' Compensation Anti-Kickback Laws
- Federal and state Stark Law and regulations
- Fraud Waste and Abuse
- HIPAA violations & breach investigation and response
- HIPAA compliance policies
- American with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) website accessibility litigation
- Anti-Kickback (“AKS”) and Stark Law
- Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA")
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
- California Privacy Rights Act (”CPRA”)
- European Union General Data Protection Act (“GDPA”)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ("FDCPA")
- Fair Housing Act ("FHA")
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
- New York Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security Law (“SHIELD”)
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA")
- Video Privacy Protection Act (“VPPA”)
- Accounting firms
- Aerospace and Defense
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Commerce (SaaS) solutions
- Consumer products
- Digital content
- Financial services
- Food and beverage
- Law firms
- Media & entertainment
- Staffing & Payroll