Christine Bacon, Esq.
Attorney, The Beckage Firm
Christine Bacon, Esq. is an experienced business litigator handling complex issues for sophisticated clients in federal and state court. Her practice has included matters in commercial law, real estate, creditors’ rights, banking, construction, contracts, and business organizations.
Bacon began her career in the trenches of New York City as a "Big Law" attorney where her writing ability garnered her a reputation that caused partners to seek her out for their project teams. She listens deeply to her clients and has a knack for translating their goals into compelling legal narratives. As a visionary and analytic thinker, Bacon leverages these experiences, along with her master’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, to find holistic approaches resulting in successful outcomes for her clients.
Bacon earned a law degree from Rutgers University School of Law – Newark where she was an editor for the Rutgers Law Review, a Legal Research & Writing instructor, intern for the Honorable Rosie M. Barnes in the House of Commons, U.K., and president of the International Law Society. She has held numerous non-profit board positions and is currently serving as Vice-President for The Traveling School, an international semester school with a mission to empower young women to spark change in the world, a mission shared by The Beckage Firm. She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Bacon is mission driven to make a difference for untapped or marginalized classes in technology, data security and privacy. She is well respected by her peers and her clients enjoy working with her practical style.
- New York State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York – WNY Chapter
- Military Spouse JD Network
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law – Newark
- M.A., Niagara University
Accreditations, Licenses & Certifications
- She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Recognition and Leadership
- Author of:
- “Application of First Amendment Speech Protection to Governmental Entities: Government-Speech Doctrine.” American Law Reports-Federal, 3rd ser. vol. 67 (2021), Art. 4.
- “Fees Expressly Authorized by Costs of Collection Clause in Agreement Under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.” American Law Reports-Federal, 3rd ser. vol. 53 (2020), Art 4.
- “Stay of Patent Litigation Pending Covered Business Method Review.” American Law Reports-Federal, 3rd ser. vol. 30 (2018), Art. 1.
- “What Constitutes Fair Use of Internet Materials Under 17 U.S.C.A. §107.” American Law Reports-Federal, 3rd ser., vol. 5 (2015), Art. 6.
- Presenter, “Strategies for Fighting Back Against the Rambo Litigator.” Continuing Legal Education Course presented for MyLaw CLE (2021).
- Presenter, “Lessons from the Field: The Legal Geography of Slavery,” Buffalo State College Civics Education Conference, 2019.
- Appearances on local and national television as a spokesperson discussing historical events.
- Founding member of the national Military Spouse JD Network, leading grassroots advocacy efforts in collaboration with the New York State Bar Association to secure licensing accommodations for military spouse attorneys.
- Non-profit executive co-leading a nationally award-winning Underground Railroad heritage center.
- Group training facilitator.